Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

brain surgey

What legal options could I take against a medical mishap? A medical tool was left in my sister back during surgery. It's call a spinal lumbar catheter! She's now having severe pain in her back and neck. She went in for removal of a brain tumor, but came out with partial removed and a medical tool left behind near her spinal area! Can you help?

Asked on 8/07/07, 11:28 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Raul Ruiz The Law Offices of Raul Ruiz, P.A.

Re: brain surgey

You should seek out a qualified personal injury attorney in your area and discuss the case. There are important provisions regarding medical malpractice that must be followed.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/07, 11:35 am
Philip Friedman Bonifield, Friedman & Leifer, P.A.

Re: brain surgey

She needs to immediately seek a malpractice attorney, who should speak with her at no charge to discuss her options. SHE SHOULD NOT WAIT. There is a short statute of limitations for medical malpractice issues.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/07, 11:55 am
Michael Stewart Michael D. Stewart

Re: brain surgey

We can assist your sister in this matter.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/07, 12:19 pm
Steven Meyer CPLS, P.A.

Re: brain surgey

You definitely need to consult with an attorney experienced in medical malpractice cases. Most lawyers do not handle these cases, and are not familiar with all of the requirements that one must do before a lawsuit can be filed. Preferably, you want someone who is board certified in civil trial law, as our lawyers our. We would be happy to discuss the situation with you or your family members, with no obligation to our firm. We offer a free initial consultation.

Read more
Answered on 8/07/07, 3:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida