Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

There was a breach of doctor patient confifentiality and i need to know how to take action against them i went to the doctors office about a reacuring condition and i heard the doctor making jokes about my serious condition to the members of the staff including people who were not doctors plez tell me what i can do to take action

Asked on 7/30/13, 2:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You don't have a direct cause of action against the doctor. If you really believe your rights were violated you can certainly write a letter complaining about it. I suspect he will deny it occurred OR he will say it was about another patient. Staff members of the doctor are covered by the same confidential relationship as the doctor so revealing your medical issues to them would not even be a technical breach. You could also file a complaint with the Agency for Health Care Administration.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 2:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida