Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

Dental Tool

A few years ago a dentist broke a file into my gum. It just started to bother me now. I know which office did the work. I don't recall which insurance I had and have no record. The office claims they can't find my records either. I will endure a lot of pain for this surgery to remove it and a cost over $2000. What can I do? I want them to pay for the removal of the file.

Asked on 9/19/07, 7:58 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Friedman Bonifield, Friedman & Leifer, P.A.

Re: Dental Tool

It would depend on when you knew the file was left in your body. You should discuss with a personal injury attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/07, 9:25 am
Steven Meyer CPLS, P.A.

Re: Dental Tool

If it happened more than two years ago, and you knew about it at the time, then it is probably too late to file a case in court. You should consult with an attorney who handles a lot of malpractice claims right away. If you still have the ability to file a case in court, that right may expire very soon. We would be happy to discuss the case with you at no initial charge.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/07, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida