Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Florida

Can I initiate and be the beneficiary of medical malpractice lawsuit on my fiancÚ's death ( we were together 18 years and not married and I was told I cannot benefit from lawsuit only a family member can)

Asked on 12/15/16, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Only a surviving spouse or minor child can bring such a claim. You have no recognizable claims under the statute. sorry for your loss.

Read more
Answered on 12/15/16, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida