Legal Question in Native American Law in Florida

My family and I are 90% Seminole Indian. A few months ago we sent off money and our ancestory to some government org. for our native American registration cards. We recently found out it was all in vain. These people were a sham. How do we go about getting our money back and how do we go about recieving our native I.D. cards?

Asked on 11/24/09, 10:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

You will have to sue the organization you gave your money to in order to get your money back. (It wasn't a government organization, though they may have claimed to be.) Only the Seminole Tribe itself determines who its members are, and you will have to contact them directly. There is more than one nation claiming to be of seminole descent and claiming the name "Seminole," but I assume you mean the large tribe based mainly in Tampa. You can find information on how to contact them at

Read more
Answered on 11/30/09, 1:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Native American Law questions and answers in Florida