Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

car accident

I was rear ended in mar 2009 and went though 2 months of therapy. I was in an accident back in 2003 where my back was hurt. I had not experienced alot of pain in about 2 years until this accident. I was given an 8% injury rating in 2003 and a 5% rating this time. However I feel better. What type of settlement should I expect or accept.

Asked on 7/15/09, 4:31 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Tobin Michael M. Tobin, P.A.

Re: car accident

No dollar figure is possible with such scant information. Florida law does require that you suffer a permanant injury to collect. You will need an experienced lawyer to judge the liability, the defendants policy limit, your uninsured motorist coverage, the quality of your medical care, the medical expenses, your lost income and the degree of aggravation of your 2003 injury. Every case is unique. Insurance companies pay claimants much more who have experienced lawyers with good trial results. Unrepresented claimants are given low ball figures. (I was a company lawyer in my early career).

Read more
Answered on 7/15/09, 4:42 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: car accident

From the information provided, whatever you can get.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/09, 5:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida