Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

my daugher was recently in an auto accident, she was stopped at a red light when someone ran into the back of her, he hit her than hit another vehicle beside her that was in the other lane. our daughter got the worse end of the deal. the driver at fault will be driver 1, my daughter is driver 2, the other person is driver 3. Now, driver 1's insurance is filed with his commercial auto which only had 10,000 coverage. we were told last night that our car and driver 3 vehicles were equal amount to repair and there will be no rental for our daughter. our daugter plays competitive softball and goes to the high school and college, we now are having to pay someone to help out with running her back and forth along with our other 2 daughters. our daughter is getting scheduled for physical therapy which was recommended by her doctor yesterday, said she had muscle damage. she can not play softball until they know exactly about her damage in her upper back and lower neck. we had scheduled for a college coach to come watch her play this fall in the hopes of a schlorship but all of that is on hold. do we have a case to sue?

Asked on 9/16/09, 12:13 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jensen Grant Kanner & Pintaluga, P.A.

From solely the information you have provided it seems you have a viable personal injury and property damage case for her, but you should understand in order to make a truly complete assessment I would need more information. I would recommend you contact an attorney as soon as possible. It sounds like you need assistance with the property damanage end of the claim as well. Our firm provides such assistance to our clients as a courtesy. If you would like, you can contact me if you have any questions or are interested in retaining our firm. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/09, 12:18 pm
Diana Santa Maria Law Offices of Diana Santa Maria, P.A.

Sorry about your daughter's accident.

You do have a potential case, especially if your daughter has been left with a permanent injury from this accident. As far as who you can sue, we would need to fully review all available information before being able to fully answer this, but you should review your auto policy to see if it provides uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage which could potentially provide a source of additional financial recovery for your daughter in the event of damages which exceed the available bodily injury limits from the at-fault parties. You should contact an attorney who specializes in Personal Injury to evaluate everything for you. Our office does that and if it is convenient to you we would be happy to conduct such an investigation/evaluation.

Good luck to you and your daughter.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/09, 12:50 pm
Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Yes. You should contact an attorney in your area that has experience in handling such claims. Look for experience -- not just a TV ad.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/09, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida