Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

my daughter rear ended a car on turnpike and their car flipped the driver died she is on my insurance policy. we are apparently under insured. my claim adjuster received a financial affidavit from their attorney. one of the questions is that i dont have more than 5,000 in assets, but i do. they are asking for tax returns, bank account numbers, etc. i dont feel comfortable filling it out. should I? i dont own a house, no $ in bank accounts, just an ira, life insurance and a failing business. what should i do? should i not fill it out?

Asked on 9/23/13, 9:35 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You need an attorney to advise on this, since you and your daughter may be personally liable for any deficiency judgment obtained against you. Your interests on this differ from your insurance carrier. You need to fill it out correctly. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 9:42 am

Michael Tobin Michael M. Tobin, P.A.

If you honestly have no assets, you have no reason to refuse their reasonable request.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 9:56 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You need an attorney to assist you through this. providing the information may get the other parties to accept the insurance coverage and not pursue you personally.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 1:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida