Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

Guardianship - Ad Litem Attorney - Settlement funds

The question is when a settlement is accepted as guardians of the injured minor child, how do you access these funds for expenses, what are the procedures that you must follow? In other words, if we have out of pocket expenses that have been paid for medical purposes on the childs behalf, how would you get reimbursed and then how do you proceed for additional expenses that arise? Do the funds go into the guardians account or the Ad Litem Attorney? Thank you, JB

Asked on 5/15/01, 7:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Tobin Michael M. Tobin, P.A.

Re: Guardianship - Ad Litem Attorney - Settlement funds

In Miami-Dade County the court shows a videotape on the responsibilities of the Guardian to the minor and to the court. Applications for the expenditure or withdrawal of funds must be approved by the judge by submitting a "Petition"and obtaing an Order Approving Payment.

Read more
Answered on 5/17/01, 6:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida