Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

After being on the highway for less then a minute,I was up to maybe 83 mph. there was noone behind me,I chose to let off the gas to slowly slow down.I was at about 80 mph when I saw in my rearview mirror that a truck was 4 car lengths behind me, I still wanted to drop about 5/7 more was still dark out,I chose to gently press my brakes to reduce speed this time and let the driver behind me be aware. Then the driver became so close to me that I couldn’t see the headlights,My speed at that time was around 78 mph,which I maintained.In my passenger side mirror I saw the trucks headlights(no blinker) peering out from behind me.I saw light out of the corner of my eye which forced me to look in its direction. realized the light was from headlights coming toward me at an angle.I tried to push the brakes & veer left but I was hit in the front right of my vehicle before completing either.Rolled,ejected, trapped under my own vehicle. flighted & in the hospital for 18 days.

I was not contacted by the FHP until about a month after the accident, however the police report was made and said the other driver and my passenger both said that I had tapped on my brakes.It said I would be cited when released (from wrong hospital name).After leaving 2 messages,I was contacted by the trooper and was not cited instead the other driver was and my passenger had now told the trooper that he didnt remember.

For the other drivers traffic court date: trooper was late so had to wait until the end. My passenger didnt show up.Trooper had no pictures,no proof.conflicting evidence,ticket didnt stick. Now adjuster isnt budging. attorney a softy. advice?

Asked on 4/28/10, 6:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jensen Grant Kanner & Pintaluga, P.A.

You need more aggressive attorneys who are willing to confront the adjuster and if necessary litigate your case. You were in quite a horrific accident. We have offices throughout Florida and would be more than willing to meet you wherever you'd like.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/10, 5:32 am
Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

If you were injured in this accident and you are saying that your attorney is a softy, then you should look for a new one. It might be necessary for you to take it to court if you cannot get an adequate recovery. Regards,

Read more
Answered on 5/04/10, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida