Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

Hypothetically, if a a guy aged 50 started a religious doomsday cult, which lasts approx. 14 years, and during that time he coerced hundreds of thousands of dollars from three families as "tithes", as well as performed sexual molestation and other sexual crimes towards five of the families children ranging from ages 11 to 15, all girls. And, say that he had died three years ago from a heart attack, but the effects of his crimes were still being dealt with in financial issues as well as severe psychological damage to all the children who were molested, could there be any way to press charges against the man's family or any way to get recompense for these crimes?

Asked on 1/26/10, 7:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Garvin Garvin Law Firm

If the person left an estate with assets and the estate has not been distributed to persons who had lacked involvement in his conduct it may be possible to bring an action against the estate. Any such action would have a number of legal hurdles but you should definitely consult an attorney to see if there is any feasible way of pursuing the claim. Feel free to email me what you know about the estate, if any, of the individual and I can give you a little better response. You may find information on our website helpful.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 1/31/10, 7:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida