Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

Illegal immigrant hurt on job - what legal rights do have

I am an illegal immigrant. I was hurt on jobsite after I was told to go home by supervisor. I fell of tractor while hanging on and tractor ran over me. Tractor was owned by my employer. Employer company do not has worker compen. insurance. They refuse to pay any of medical bill invoices because say it was my fault for accident as was I horse play on job after work hours. I am ok now. But bill invoices from hospital are $37,200.00. I can not pay. Help me with information fi any. Can I sue and get judgement from employer to pay my bill inovices? Thank you.

Asked on 5/24/05, 4:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Dvoracek Jason Dvorack

Re: Illegal immigrant hurt on job - what legal rights do have

Your question has several issues and requires more of the facts for a full answer. However, there is a good possibility that you could sue, not only for your medical bills, but also for lost income along with pain and suffering. I would suggest that you seek an attorney to help you with this, normally in accident cases any fee to the attorney would be a percentage of any money obtained. This way, you would not have to pay for an attorney out of your pocket.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/05, 6:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida