Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

A man walking across the crosswalk punched the hood of my truck leaving a dent. The police was called and he admitted to the officer that he hit my truck. The police man said all he could do was right a police report. The pizza delivery driver behind us saw the whole thing and gave me her information as a witness. What should I do, should I go after this man for the damages or just suck it up and file a claim on my insurance. I do have a $500 deductable!

Asked on 10/29/12, 7:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The collectibility of the person who hit the car is the issue and would determine if pursuit is wrothwhile. In addition, how much is it to fix? If the man has no assets that you are aware of, then suing him will be spending more money and getting nothing. May be best just to get it fixed and chalk it up to life.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/12, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida