Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

Physically injured at a night club

My boyfriend and I were at a night club Saturday night and out of nowhere a guy came up and sucker punched my boyfriend. When he went to fall to the ground his head hit my eye and split my eye open. Now I will have a scar on my eye forever. Do I have any options? Can I bring siut against this guy or the club? Thanks

Asked on 6/22/09, 11:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Diana Santa Maria Law Offices of Diana Santa Maria, P.A.

Re: Physically injured at a night club

You and/or your bf may have a cause of action against the nightclub for failing to adequately secure its premises and prevent intentional assaults thereon. It would also be important to find out if the night club has insurance that would cover such a risk, some have an exclusion in their policy for such events. You should consult with a lawfirm in your area to check out the foregoing matters and to investigate the nightclub's history of such assaults on its premises.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/09, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida