Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

I was rear ended last night by a guy driving a company van they have insurance i don't is there any thing i can do to get my car fixed?

Asked on 12/07/10, 5:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Melvin Wright Colling Gilbert Wright & Carter

Yes. You should contact the company's vehicle insurance company and make a claim under their property damage coverage. It will be an "adversarial" relationship, as opposed to a contract relationship as you would have under your own collision coverage; but in cases of such clear liability as yours, most will voluntarily settle your damage claim with you for either the cost of reasonable repairs or the fair market value of your vehicle, whichever is less.

Read more
Answered on 12/12/10, 6:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida