Legal Question in Product Liability in Florida

I paid a local car stereo company to install backup alarms in both my cars. The charged me $535 but the units did not work at all since I suspect they were not installed correctly. The company offered to install another simpler set of alarms and I agreed. When I asked to be credited for the difference in price between the units, they refused. I found that the second units sold for $42 each on the manufacturers website. They have mentioned "Theft of Services", since I disputed the charge on my credit card to try to get them to be fair with me.

Asked on 6/29/13, 1:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

If they filed a bad mark on your credit report, you need to have it corrected or you will have your credit score lowered and likely receive a higher interest rate on almost everything.

Best thing to do is to sue them in small claims court and use your victory to correct your credit report.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/13, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Products Liability questions and answers in Florida