Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Can a Canadian, not an American citizen, refuse to make payments on home owned by her deceased husband (died 5/13) and then strip the home of everything such as cabinets, bathtubs, etc. She is letting friend of hers strip the home to put the stuff into his home and he wants to buy house when it goes into foreclosure where he can state the home is unfinished and get it at a bargain price..

Asked on 9/28/13, 1:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

I don't think the citizenship matters. The house belongs to that person as long as she continues to own it. The bank who is the lender is the only one in a position to take any action for the destruction of the fixtures in the house.

Read more
Answered on 9/29/13, 6:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida