Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

i am under contract on a home in florida, the bank cannot provide me with a title saying the foreclosure process was done incorrectly by there lawyer and that i have to cancel the contract, is that something that they can do or do they have to find a way to provide the title or issue a temperarily title or what? I have done inspection etc on the house already, I was ready to close and they came with this crap

Asked on 6/10/13, 1:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Actually it is the seller who is responsible for providing title. Your contract should provide who is responsible for this. You should have an attorney representing you who can answer these questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/13, 1:50 pm

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

The contract would control this issue.

Read more
Answered on 6/10/13, 2:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida