Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I have a debt of $30,000 with my hoa in Florida and I'm attempting a short sale. I'm trying to negotiate with the hoa to pay for part of it, but if they refuse I will have to go to foreclosure.

Can they come after me for unpaid dues after a foreclosure? The Declaration of Condominuim states:

"If any unpaid Share of Common Expenses or Assessments is extinguished by foreclosure of a superior lien or by deed in lieu of foreclosure thereof, the unpaid share of Common Expenses or Assessments are Common Expenses collectible from all unit owners."

Asked on 5/05/13, 5:28 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 2:11 am

Jean Winters Winters & Winters, PA

Mr. Slater is correct. Yes, the association can pursue a personal money judgment against you.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 4:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida