Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida


How do I go about transfering the deed to our property into my name and my husband's name and not just his name? Does it involve a lawyer and if not is there a fee for paperwork that involves recording office or some other office?

Asked on 3/12/02, 1:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Peter Gonzalez Sanchez-Medina, Gonzalez, Quesada, Lage, Crespo, Gomez & MachadoLLP

Re: deeds

Your husband must execute a quit claim deed in favor of himself and you (his wife) and record it in the county where the property is located. There is a recording fee, and the fee depends on which county records the deed. The fee is not substantial. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/02, 1:45 pm
Alexander M. Rosenfeld Rosenfeld & Stein, P.A.

Re: deeds

The most expeditious method is by quit claim deed. There will be recording fees. Even so, you should consult with a qualified atty. Atty fees will be minimal.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/02, 4:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida