Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My divorce settlement states my wife receive the condo which was our residence. I signed and had notarized a quit claim deed which was never filed in court. She has agreed that we will both be co owners if I pay off the mortgage. I told her that we probably need a legal document stating such and super-ceding the divorce settlement. What is your advice?

Asked on 6/19/17, 10:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Get an attorney to assist you. You need a court order modifying the prior agreement and order.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/17, 12:05 pm

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Get a lawyer; do it correctly.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/17, 8:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida