Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My father passed when I was 13. He had a property in Florida which foreclosed after his passing. When applying for a mortgage I learned that the house had transferred into my name when I was 16 years old. How would a mortgage transfer to a minor and allow foreclosure? What steps can I take to have this removed from my name?

Asked on 6/06/22, 2:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Hire a real estate attorney to assist. There likely is nothing to do if property was actually foreclosed. Whatever interest you had was wiped out. You could no be responsible on the mortgage.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/22, 2:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida