Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

General warranty deed

I'm deeding a home to myself and my daughter & son in law; should it say ''joint tenants with full right of survivorship''? Or the same as above with added language ''and not tenants in common''?

Asked on 1/05/08, 6:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Z. Martell Law Office of Matthew Z. Martell, P.A.

Re: General warranty deed

No, it needs to say "Tenants in Common". Joint Tenancy with right of survivorship is typically only used with married couples. I recommend that you hire a real estate attorney to prepare the deed for you so it is done correctly and you don't create a problem in the chain of title. Most deeds are done cheaply at a flat rate by real estate attorneys these days.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/08, 7:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida