Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

My grandmother changed The Family Will from my father, his brother, and his sister to just his sister, her husband, and there son. Both my father and his brother are deaf. Now I'm worried that if his sister passes away then her husband will take away the land that my grandfather worked so hard for. Could this even be a valid case since it's already been signed?

Thanks, Willis

Asked on 3/18/11, 11:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If done properly, and if your grandmother is competent, she can draft the Will any way she wants. In Florida, you can easily disinherit children, if it is the persons specific intent to do so.

So that limits you and your father signficantly, and what you fear could happen.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/11, 5:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida