Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida


To all those that are Real Estate Experts.... my parents are aging and is wanting to adding myself and one other sibling to the Deed. We must bring our own paperwork in to add the 2 additional parties to deposit in county records.

Could anyone answer; Should we use a Quit Claim Deed, Deed of Title to accomplish the additional names or a Warranty Deed to add the names on-behalf of my parents? The home has no mortgage attached to it. And NO outstanding liens or anything.

Asked on 12/09/21, 6:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

What you are proposing to do is a legal mistake. I suggest you hire a real estate attorney. Best to set up a trust to own the house and allow for transfer post death. This way you are all protected and there wont be any loss of homestead exemption or potential for lien enforcement against you and you sibling. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/21, 7:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida