Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida


I live in Florida and I own this property with my father; both of our names are on the deed. My father passed away in 2009. My question is that how can I remove his name on the deed so I can re-finance this property. We bought the property in 2004.

Thank you.

Asked on 3/30/20, 11:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If you owned it "jointly with right of survivorship" you become full owner. If you did not, his estate must go to probate to have a personal representative appointed who can then convey his ownership. I can certainly help as I handle these type matters.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/20, 11:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida