Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida


My mom made a deal with me in 1994 that she will give me her house if l pay all the bill and tax and insurance on the house plus $100.00 a mount untill she dies and give me the house l said ok and l been paying all that since 1994 and now she want to sell the house and put me in the street l have all the check of the tax and ins. and the $100.00 a mount we do not have a paper to prouve it l have juste my check from the bank . what can l do?

Asked on 3/30/02, 12:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Peter Gonzalez Sanchez-Medina, Gonzalez, Quesada, Lage, Crespo, Gomez & MachadoLLP

Re: house

Get yourself a lawyer experienced in real estate litigation. Your problem is not the type that can be properly handled with a quick piece of general advice over cyberspace. Hire a lawyer soon or risk losing certain rights you may have to either stop the sale or recover monies you have spent over the years in reliance on your mother's promise. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 3/31/02, 11:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida