Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Join tenant with survivorship

What is the proper verbage in a quit claim deed in this matter from the owner to someone else. The owner wishes to add someone to the deed due to the fact he is elderly and is unmarried with no children. Basically to keep the house out of probate when he passes.

Asked on 4/15/08, 11:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Euribiades Cerrud II The PCB Firm, P.A.

Re: Join tenant with survivorship

Whenever making a transfer of ownership by way of a quit claim deed, you must clearly state the names of the transferors and those of the transferees; just as if the property was being sold.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/08, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida