Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Married couple residing in Florida, jointly owns a home in Arkansas. Upon his death, husband wants to transfer title to the home in Arkansas to his daughter, who has been living at, and making the mortgage payment on the property since 2007. What document needs to be executed and filed, in order to legally remove the wife's and her heir's legal interest in the Arkansas property?

Asked on 11/09/18, 10:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The transfer needs to occur in Arkansas law. you need an opinion from an AK attorney. Has an estate been filed in either State? it likely needs to be filed in both States

Read more
Answered on 11/09/18, 12:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida