Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I own a mobile home in a 55+ park in Ormond Beach Florida. I lost my job & could no longer afford my lot rent. I moved out of the park but lot rent has continued to grow to a sum of over $2000.00. I have been unable to sell. Can I sign over title to my home in exchange of monies owed?

Asked on 5/21/13, 10:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dawn Marie Bates-Buchanan Bates-Buchanan & Savitsky Law Group, P.A.

If the park will agree to "pay" your lot rent by "selling" them your mobile home, and you signing the transfer of title to them, yes it is ok and legal, but they have to agree and sometimes they don't want to mobile home. If you do this make sure you have a written agreement that they park waives all fees or considers them all paid with the transfer of the mobile home to them.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 1:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida