Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

Partition with a Life Estate

Can you file a partition suit even though the property has a life estate tenant who lives there.

Asked on 11/12/07, 3:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mark Voigtmann Baker & Daniels

Re: Partition with a Life Estate

I agree with Mr. Slater's answer.

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/07, 12:51 pm

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: Partition with a Life Estate

Yes, but any pruchaser would take subject to it.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/07, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida