Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I have a question my dad is the oldest of 7 kids just four years ago my grandmother had passed away in Puerto Rico prior to that my grandad passed away 2 years before her. It has come to light that 3 siblings that are still in P.R. has been renting out the house the past 4 years without any consent from the remaining 4 siblings and pocketing the rent money is this Legal?

Also, the remaining 4 siblings want to sell the house but one of the siblings kids stated she will not sell the house at all and also we found out that my dads signature was also forged into giving her the rights he has not been in Puerto Rico since the death of my grandmother 4 years ago is there anything I can do for my dad whom is battling cancer and spreading fast to put an end to this?

Is it Legal in P.R. to forge someone's name on the deed? This has hurt my dad on how these 3 siblings have ILLegally not only forge his name but to be collecting rent for 4 years and not give anything to him or the other siblings he does not want to put them in jail just wants them to do the right thing and pay up the 4 years they have collected and sell the house once for all and divide the proceeds between the siblings but the daughter of one of them is creating a havoc and she was the mastermind to the forgery of his signature along with my two other uncles.

Please help me out i reside in Orlando, FL and I would like to give closure to my dad whom wants to leave something to my mom to take care of her.

Asked on 9/15/20, 4:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

The money should be shared by all siblings. Your dad needs a lawyer in PR to compel a sale. If your needs a referral let me know. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/20, 5:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida