Legal Question in Social Security Law in Florida

Debating a divorce in Florida, can you tell me if I divorce in Florida without an attorney because we have no property no children, but I've been married over 20 years, will I give up my right to claim my spouse's SS at the retired age? Do I need a Lawyer for this?

Asked on 3/08/18, 9:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Social Security rules change on an irregular basis, no telling what rules will be in effect at that time. Only recommendation is to speak with SSA representative at your local office.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/18, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Florida