Legal Question in Social Security Law in Florida

Hi. I have RSD, carpal tunnel, herniated disc, and was just diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. We just got dropped from Medicaid and have hardly money to go see a doctor those my pain and my son who had ADHD also. I have been a full time housewife because of my sons care. I had applied for SSDI for myself and my son and have been denied last year. I for one thing do not have credit for SSDI but they were telling me that I can use my husbands credit. Please help! I had contacted several lawyers in town and they all turned me away. My son had ADHD since 3 years old, now he will be 9 in Dec. mine it all depends but the RSD since little over 3 years now. And I also heard from a friend that there is a such thing as a SSI for housewife, because someone that my friend knows gets paid by SSI for being a housewife.

Asked on 10/08/13, 8:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

You may apply for Disability using Husband's account but that is usually denied by SS Administration about 90% of the time ( They consider age and length of marriage) SSI depends on family income, assets and resources. I would recommend applying for SSI for both you and your child (2 separate claims). You probably need an attorney but I do not practice in Duval County.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/13, 8:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Florida