Legal Question in Tax Law in Florida

help! I've owned a S corp here in Fl since 2003. I've never used an attorney, but have always paid a CPA since the inception of my company

Well, about. 3 years ago , we relocated to another city, only 45 minutes away. He missed my corp. extension date inMay, causing me to incur fines, even tho I asked him to not forget, esp., since hes been my CPA for 10 years, didn't think he needed reminding.

fast foreward to past 6 months. I'm getting these letters from local IRS odffices , going back to the yrs 2012, 2013, 2015, all stating that the amounts paid & amts owed or put on corp. paperwork & filed with IRS do NOT match! I ve been called in for waste of time meeting with threatening agents

I've done nothing wrong & know that my CPA is supposed to be held responsible. Isnt there a form where my wife & I can request the IRS to get him to start turning over all the years & papers he filed on behalf of our Corp? we have a had our business accounts frozen for no reason, for a bill we already proved we paid, yet they took our money & made many checks bounce. I'm sending the Form that requests the IRS start contacting our CPA directly.

do I have legal recourse? we are not made of money, but I know IM on the right track with demanding that the IRS use these forms, - 2848, or similar? any suggestions? help? we have our 2nd meeting with the IRS rep tomorrow & I want to bring him these forms that he insisted didn't exist. thank you in advance for any help you can offer us!

Jesus & Judith Perez

Asked on 12/20/17, 7:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Klitzner Steven N. Klitzner, P.A.

You have described many issues and it is unclear what you really owe, why you owe it, and why they are taking collection action against you. You are doing the right thing in trying to be proactive, but I really think you need to get professional help. When you have a representative he should be dealing directly with the IRS, not you. You are entitled to get all the records that the IRS has and that the CPA has.

Steven Klitzner

Read more
Answered on 12/22/17, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Florida