Legal Question in Tax Law in Florida

If wire transfer money gifts from my son taxable? I am retired, 68 years old. My social Security income is very limited. I am US citizen. My son is a citizen of other


Asked on 11/19/13, 9:36 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John DeLancett Law Offices of John DeLancett, PL.

A true gift is not taxable to you. However, depending on the amount and if he is a US citizen, a green card holder or permanent US resident, he may be liable for gift tax.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/13, 11:02 am
Kevin Pollock Law Office of Kevin A. Pollock LLC

As John stated, the gift is not taxable to you. However, if it is in excess of $100,000, you will need to report it:

Best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/20/13, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Florida