Legal Question in Traffic Law in Florida

I have received notice that my last traffic offense will not cause me to have 24 points in 36 months and a one year suspension. I believe I need to file a motion to vate the most recent judgement in which i was found guilty despite taking the ticket to court and asking to be court ordered to driving school. Attorneys are quoting me $600-100 to do this motion and appear before theh earing officer. I cant afford anything more that $100 but can I write the motion myself. Is there a sample or resouce I could consult to do this?

Asked on 10/06/09, 4:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You can go to the law library and spend hours trying to write a valid motion. If you have the time then this is the best way. However, there are reasons attorneys spend 7 years in postsecondary education and that is so that can protect people's rights and file the correct motions. Your choice. Incidentally, while I'm sure I won't be able to do a motion like this for $100, I may be able to do this for a lower price than quoted but I wouldn't know until I spoke with you. So, feel free to contact me if you wish.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/09, 9:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Florida