Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

adult daughter died with no will, POA, or any assets. I took care of cremation and SSI was notified (she was on SSDisability.) What other steps am I obligated to take?

Asked on 5/10/20, 9:10 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

With no assets to distribute, there is nothing else to do.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/20, 9:32 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

just curious did the SSD get deposited in a bank account? that account will need to be closed. If in her name alone it may require an Estate be created.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/20, 9:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida