Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I have an aging father who is a widower. His state of residence is Missouri and mine is Florida. His wife had set up a will prior to her passing that includes my father's children, myself and a brother. Upon the death of my father, the will would be designated accordingly. I have attempted to have a clause inserted to the effect that if I should precede my wife in death, that she would receive my portion of the will after the passing of my father. My father and his attorney; who is the executor of the will, have both insisted that this is not possible given the directives of the will. Please advise me as to whether I may legally pursue this any further. I would; naturally, want my wife to be protected financially as we have no life insurance. Thank you.

Asked on 10/25/09, 8:51 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

It is too late to change her will.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/09, 9:45 pm

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

you cannt change her will. She is dead.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/09, 10:48 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

YOu can not insert anything in anyone's will. However, you can prepare your own will leaving your assets to your wife.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/09, 9:50 am
Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

As my colleagues have said, you cannot change another person's will. Each person can decide for him or herself to whom they will leave their property. You can prepare your own will and leave any assets you own (or have inherited) at the time of your death to your wife. Regards,

Read more
Answered on 11/01/09, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida