Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My brother died. My mother is still alive. My mother doesn't want his wife to get his share what do we do just take him out of the will completely?

Asked on 3/20/13, 9:19 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Your mother can have a codicil prepared changing the will or have a new will prepared.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 9:26 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Is the wife named in the will. If not, then nothing passes to her.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 10:12 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Ms. Becude is likely correct. Your sister in law does not have any rights simply because she was married to the deceased brother. If your mother has any concerns let her have the will be reviewed by an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 1:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida