Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My dad passed away and has about $1500 in the bank. No other assets. No will. No bills to pay and I paid for his cremation out of pocket. I am his only child and he was not married. What do I need to do to close his account? He lived in Florida and I live in North Carolina.

Asked on 3/22/19, 8:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

you need a Florida attorney. you can file for a summary administration. it will still cost most of what is in the bank account. sorry for your loss

Read more
Answered on 3/22/19, 8:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida