Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

my father had an accident and sued. leaving him with millions and had left 14million for his 5 children. My grandmother was the and later gave the money to my fathers wife. We never recieved any type of money and we were put in his will. Can my siblings and I still fight for the money?

Asked on 6/24/13, 7:28 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Insufficient information provided to answer.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 8:23 am

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Huh? If the settlement occurred before he died, then probate would not be needed. You said your grandmother gave the money to his wife. Was your grandmother his guardian for some reason? You do need to provide more information for any answers to be given. If the funds went into a joint account or were given to the wife during his lifetime, you likely have no claim to the funds. Seek some legal help with all your paperwork.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 8:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida