Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My father passed away in January and my sibling, who apparently served as his Durable Power of Attorney and Medical Surrogate, is acting as the Personal Representative for his Estate. No Last Will and Testament was filed in either the county of his official residence or where he passed away. I've twice requested from my sibling a copy of the Will and a specific accounting of his Estate. My sibling has not responded to either request.

What recourse do I have to obtain the requested information and authenticate my sibling's acting as the Personal Representative for my late father's Estate?

Asked on 5/05/13, 5:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Unless appointed by the court, he has no authority. If he has the will, you can petition the court for an order to produce.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/13, 9:09 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Find out if there is a probate filed in a the county of residence or the county where he passed. Then file a notice in that matter that you want to be included on all notices. If not will, you should be one of the heirs. if there is a will you can request a copy fro the attorney for the Estate

Read more
Answered on 5/05/13, 3:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida