Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

We need to get a form that shows proof of being the sole legal heir. My God son's mother passed suddenly with no will and he just turned 18 and is trying to close out her checking and savings account. The bank requires proof of heir.

Asked on 9/17/10, 9:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

It appears that proof of heir is really a court probate order.

You are going to need an attorney to do this.

Also, if there is no Will then the god son is not a legal heir anyhow. If the account has his name on it, that's another thing.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/10, 9:27 am

Kellen Bryant Law Office of R. Kellen Bryant, P.L.

It could be as simple as a summary administration order in the probate court.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/10, 10:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida