Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Can a guardian segregate funds within a trust solely for the care of the ward? Basically, if a guardian wishes to reserve funds for the ward that are in jeaopordy of being depleted by attorney and trustees fees, can the guardian reserve an amount for a specified purpose?

Asked on 5/13/13, 8:39 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Guardianships under Court supervision are guided by the Court's Orders. Accounts can be reserved for specific purposes. If the funds are going to be depleted by attorney and trustee fees then there is a far larger problem going on. An attorney should be consulted.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 7:07 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Not without a court order.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 6:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida