Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

my husband passed away with no will, leaving myself (wife), and 2 boys (8 and 10 yrs of age). his only assets were two bank cds totaling approx $8500 together but only his name is on them. what do i need to do to so they can be released to me?

Asked on 12/11/12, 11:14 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You need to file probate to clear the money in those accounts. Seek legal advice

Read more
Answered on 12/11/12, 11:23 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

A summary probate for a small estate is available.

Read more
Answered on 12/11/12, 11:34 am
Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.

Contact the bank to determine whether your husband provided a POD, Payable on Death,

which can be used to designate beneficiaries, avoiding probate. If no POD, then small

estate probate will be your option.

Read more
Answered on 12/11/12, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida