Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

The judge has signed the order to discharge my father's estate. I was under the impression that it was the final step. I am young and don't know about this stuff. Why won't my attorney distribute the funds if the judge signed the discharge order and filed it in the court?

Asked on 7/29/13, 11:05 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

That should have been done. Call him.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 3:45 am

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Contact the attorney in writing and make that inquiry. The final distributions should be made.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 5:06 am
Dean Bress Bress Law Firm

First, who is the appointed personal representative (PR) of the estate? Second, how long ago did the Court issue the order of discharge? If the attorney is the PR, why not send the attorney a polite note requesting a written explanation (preferable as Mr. Stein says), indicating why he or she has not seen fit to make a distribution. You also say the attorney "won't" make a distribution. Did the attorney actually say that? If so, did you at the time ask "why?"

Read more
Answered on 7/30/13, 6:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida