Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I live in Florida and my father lives in Puerto Rico, i'm his only daughter and he is about to have surgery but its a risky surgery. My question is what are my rights as his only daughter and how do I go about getting access to his bank account because he does not have a will?

Asked on 4/07/12, 5:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

That would be subject to Puerto Rico law, not Florida.

However, if he does not have a Will, and assuming he has no surviving spouse, probably everything would be divided between his children. But you need to discuss this with a lawyer in Puerto Rico.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/12, 5:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida