Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Hello, my mom got out of rehab after a surgery and was mentally. out of it while she was in rehab. doctors said was side effect of surgery. she is fine now. My brother helped her change her will which she had for the last fifteen years naming her grandson (ZAC) as sole beneficiary and power of attorney. New will is split three ways ...Grandson (ZAC) granddaughter (Racheal) and me Chris her other son. My brother did the will thru an online source like legal zoom while waiting for the final copy to come back. My mom said to Zac she didn't know what she signed. Because will paperwork can be confusing to anybody. not that she didn't understand who or what she was leaving her estate to. since then, Zac and his family have been all over her. My question is there any way to prove that she is mentally capable legally now so they Zac cannot contest the will. And does new will remove him as power of attorney. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asked on 9/26/22, 8:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You need an attorney to review the paperwork with your mother. There are many ways to protect her going forward and changes can appropriately be made if she is mentally competent now.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/22, 8:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida