Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My mother died and her will left everything to my father unfortunately he died before he filled out a claim form for investment money with Valic. There was an estate open for my father only but Valic won't pay the money to my father's estate even though they have the will. They want us to open up in an etate for my mother which will cost us a lot of money what can we do?

Asked on 5/07/24, 7:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

You need to open an estate for your mother. It is not expensive -- maybe $1,000 or so. see a probate lawyer. It is a simple process. Get a price up front.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/24, 5:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida